Anyone using Aedis?

newhome

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been visiting this site much recently and missed this.

I got the same information in an email from a couple of days ago FFS what next.  

I suppose I need to contact them now and find out what happens now.  

We are caught up in this too.  I feel really sorry for our Inspector, he has been so helpful and hasn't been paid for a month.  We are thinking about going to local government building control, but they want to start at beginning again and this will slow everything down.

• 1 year later...

Just seen this as for various personal reasons ( relationship breakup and a severe back injury) our build came to a complete halt for almost 3 years and I've been off Buildhub for all of that time.  I used Aedis for both regs and warranty. The warranty was a nightmare - nit-picking doesn't even begin to describe it. We also lost all our money paid for the warranty of course.  They were expensive too but at the time it seemed logical to use them for both and our architect had used them and had a good relationship with their local inspector. I came to bitterly regret it.   Their regs guy was indeed sensible enough, but the guy who did the warranty inspections seemed inexperienced, but he was very nice, so much so that I felt bad about complaining - but they literally brought us to a halt more than once with really silly demands. No way would they treat commercial customers the same or they'd have never got a second contract. As an example they wanted me to write to the makers of packing strips to confirm they were suitable for ......packing.  Wanted me to get the SIPs manufacturer (Kingspan) to confirm they were "approved".  Each section had BBA stickers on it!   Yes, really, Kingspan!   The guy had not done a SIPs job before and basically they were getting me to complete his education. Honestly, they added so much stress to us it was unreal. 

Edited by curlewhouse