Jump to content

Living Room DONE...


MikeGrahamT21

720 views

 Share

Wow that took me a long time, what a difference a year makes!

 

I did always know that it was going to be a difficult room to do, and also the largest in the bungalow, but I have reached completion, apart from the carpet which is on order.

 

So firstly there was the repair to the area under the window, which needed the brickwork rebuilding and then replastering...

VGKI9907.thumb.JPG.475985875c9ccf7afe374b5134f18aef.JPG

 

IMIC1555.thumb.JPG.4ae40f8766e8b1da887641e3b2aba761.JPG

 

Next I started work on the acoustic wall, comprising of a metal framing system filled with Ultrawool, sheeps wool insulation, and topped with a soundblock 12.5mm board, no photos of the wool, as it was a bit of a battle to keep it in place ?

 

IMG_2097.thumb.JPG.a09363d6e7715f06109d965716b7ec7c.JPG

 

IMG_2098.thumb.JPG.d7e56b09587dd4b47da6298d15af2165.JPG

 

IMG_2102.thumb.JPG.dda647823cc3a014dc381c7d513dd262.JPG

 

IMG_2106.thumb.JPG.c867a1d822008a49cea259ad89840fb9.JPG

 

IMG_2107.thumb.JPG.ac45d143f6048426d5ef4f18d417ece2.JPG

 

After all the planning, the old chimney breast for my media kit was looking rather tight, but luckily tape measure didn't let me down!

 

LROF8459.thumb.JPG.26081171a9c887e8f2bd71f2d5ec04a5.JPG

 

All painted up...

LIYF3050.thumb.JPG.e7474c2b506f8c5530c7f81dbb9517fb.JPG

 

XVAJ5977.thumb.JPG.036637c844f382c15d6d94e62805123a.JPG

 

XWUS4570.thumb.JPG.ecaeb27acc9cc08198090a70af5c3ffa.JPG

 

Gypsum cladding installed, alcoves painted, and TV installed...

IMG_2178.thumb.JPG.7bc4ffc5b196473f8ed60ec2b693eb3d.JPG

 

And finally, window reveal and window board painted (window board at the moment is just the ply holding the bow window up, as at some point (maybe next year) this window is being replaced with a 3G flat window, so this will be removed), curtain pole and radiator reinstalled...

IMG_2185.thumb.JPG.47ed504e59e1f2276be5723f05efc441.JPG

 

Will put a final photo up once carpet is in and all furniture is back. What a push all that was!!

 

 

  • Like 2
 Share

8 Comments


Recommended Comments

5 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Very nice.

 

Mind that telly looks a bit lost ?

 

Everyone has said that to me, the plan is a 55 OLED in the future, but I love this old sammy, in fairness it doesn't look quite as small in real life, iphone camera trick i think.

Link to comment
12 minutes ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

 

Everyone has said that to me, the plan is a 55 OLED in the future, but I love this old sammy, in fairness it doesn't look quite as small in real life, iphone camera trick i think.

 

Our old Sharp 42" died after giving sterling service for many years. I'm always making dust and plan (one day ?) to knock the lounge diner into one plus build a big false chimney to house the AV bits and some structural support for the dormer above. Before then and in need of a telly I bought an Aldi special 50" for just over £200 I think it was. Sound was a bit crap but coupled with an old pc surround sound kit it's very watchable 

Link to comment

I know when i've been to John lewis and looked at TVs, its sometimes hard to see the difference between a really expensive OLED, and much cheaper LED on the demo content, I mean there must be some difference, but it does make you think is it worth going for the super expensive. OLED is coming down in cost now though finally, and should even more so next year when Samsung enter the market.

Link to comment
43 minutes ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

I know when i've been to John lewis and looked at TVs, its sometimes hard to see the difference between a really expensive OLED, and much cheaper LED on the demo content, I mean there must be some difference, but it does make you think is it worth going for the super expensive. OLED is coming down in cost now though finally, and should even more so next year when Samsung enter the market.

 

I'm no expert but usually the difference is around contrast (how black the blacks are), colour intensity and range etc. Plus the tv h/w (processor) will determine how well it copes with dynamic content (sport or gaming), sound, apps & streaming etc. This tends to be an area where manufacturers will trim the spec to meet a price point for a given retailer 'special buy' so it's worth checking that the tv you're buying matches the exact model that you may have seen a review of.

 

The demo content tends to be very over saturated and bright to pop in a retail environment, when you're watching Strictly on a sat night or streaming a movie off Netflix then you may have a different experience.

 

Most TVs are never adjusted from their default settings so it can be worth poking around the menus when it's installed in your room to see if you can get the best out of it.

 

Link to comment
13 minutes ago, Bitpipe said:

 

I'm no expert but usually the difference is around contrast (how black the blacks are), colour intensity and range etc. Plus the tv h/w (processor) will determine how well it copes with dynamic content (sport or gaming), sound, apps & streaming etc. This tends to be an area where manufacturers will trim the spec to meet a price point for a given retailer 'special buy' so it's worth checking that the tv you're buying matches the exact model that you may have seen a review of.

 

The demo content tends to be very over saturated and bright to pop in a retail environment, when you're watching Strictly on a sat night or streaming a movie off Netflix then you may have a different experience.

 

Most TVs are never adjusted from their default settings so it can be worth poking around the menus when it's installed in your room to see if you can get the best out of it.

 

 

Yeah I used to have a DVD to do all the colour setup, not sure what i did with it, was very useful though.

 

The one thing I'm trying to figure out at the moment, is the two main OLEDs seem to be entry level doing 4K@60 and the better one doing 4K@120, now my AVR will only do 4K@60, so is it worth going any more than this, or will the TV adapt the content, and run at 120? Obviously there is the processor side of things, but I just use the TV as a screen, everything else i have seperate plugged into the AVR. Can't seem to find an answer to the refresh rate question though. I suspect it will only ever do 60Hz on this AVR. Anyway, for now this one is staying, i'm all spent up! ?

Link to comment

I'd forgotten just how nice it is to have carpet!! Just one more piece of furniture and some shelves to go in the left hand alcove.

 

920158534_IMG_22021.thumb.JPG.9d09669e424f7dfbf1b2b2968bed1e9c.JPG

 

Also decided to drop the coffee table in favour of the nest of tables...may sell it later down the line as i've not got anywhere else for it to go

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...